Daily Dose of Inspiration

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Inspirational Thoughts Thursday and a refreshing salad

I made this refreshing salad the other day with ingredients that pretty much everyone has in their fridge right now. It's summer and hot here in San Diego and this hits the spot if you want to refresh your palate.
Watermelon, Jicama and Cucumber salad
Ingredients:
Watermelon, Jicama, Cucumber
fresh mint and cilantro
salt and lime juice
chop up everything and add the seasonings to your liking.
That's it
ENJOY!
and of course I share with you an inspiring thought
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.
-- Louisa May Alcott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks yummy!

Beth Reed said...

hmm...I have never had jicama (did I even spell that right? lol)

I am a new follower from MBC and would love for you to come visit me at http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

Beth Reed said...

Brenda, thanks for stopping by my blog. If you do decide you'd like a Thirty-One catalog just let me know. :)