Daily Dose of Inspiration

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On the 4th




If you can ever get a chance to explore Balboa Island do so around the 4th of July or any holiday really. This small island in Newport beach is condensed with the sweetest cottages. Some are rentals and some are permanent residences and they are all equally charming.




My girls are getting into the spirit if the 4th.






A beautiful house all dressed up for the festivities.





AAnother house, it's pretty wonderful to see all of the flags, the colrs of red and blue are everywhere too in gardens





I saw this boat during the boat parade. Sorry I didn't have my camera during the parade but it was awesome.




We even saw a dinosaur. Yup this is someone's yard.







I just loved the furniture and tablesetting. Couldn't get a better picture otherwise I'd probably be arrested for trespassing.








Amazing Dahlia. I took so many pictures of flowers on my walk.








Another pretty house. As you can see most of the houses have front yard living spaces. There are no backyards and every street is a "walk" street, which I love cause it's safe and you don't have to worry about cars pulling out of driveways.I actually love neighborhoods like this. I wish there were more like that here in Cali.








The beach with the gorgeous boats in the background.









2 comments:

Simply Fit Mama said...

Balboa looks beautiful! I am adding it to the list of places to go. :)

~Grace Happens~ said...

wow, you were right! this place looks so beautiful. glad you had fun!!