Daily Dose of Inspiration

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Berry Good Acne Remedy

Did you know that strawberries have many beauty benefits?
Strawberries are a natural exfoliant and the fruit acids are beneficial in removing dead skin cells. I suffer from acne and salicylic acid has been the main ingredient in all of my skin cleansers and I just recently discovered that strawberries contain this acid as well. So I did some research and made a mask for myself last nite.
I forgot to mention I had the biggest undergrounder on my chin. Those can be very painful and they take forever to heal.
My recipe from Care2.com
1/2 cup strawberries
1 tbsp sour cream
mush together and apply to clean skin for 10 minutes.
The result:
My skin was fresh and bright and my pores were smaller.
This morning my chin looked and felt amazing. The undergrounder is practically gone.
I highly recommend you try this at home you'll be amazed at the results.
l'm off to the fridge for some more strawberries.

No comments: