Daily Dose of Inspiration

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our First Holiday Traditions

Last night my husband and I were talking about the always so stressful planning and traveling for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day family gatherings. Having two little ones and having to travel anywhere for 2 or more hours isn't fun. I really want to spend my Christmas Eve or Day at home and we understand that everyone wants to see the little ones. Well, everything has worked out for us and we get to have Christmas Day at our home. I am so excited!!! My 2 1/2 year old is learning about Christmas and Santa and this year will be so much fun for all of us. What I am trying to get at is that this year I am going to try my hardest to get those family traditions started. I have started my list and it's in no particular order but I hope I get to all of them.

Martha Stewart

1. Build a gingerbread house
2. Read a christmas related story every nite before bed to my girls
3. Bake cookies for Santa
4. Watch and share my fave classics with my daughters ( Rudolph, Charlie Brown)
5. Write letters to Santa
6. Toys for Tots
7. Christmas Parade
8. Christmas Light House Hunting
9. Attend the festival of lights at the botanical gardens
10. Christmas family photo shoot
11. Give my daughter's a new ornament every year
I am sure I will add more to my list. Now that I see it I like it. This will be a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hi Brenda,

I came across your blog via Follow Me group on MBC. Looking forward to more inspirational posts...Nic