Daily Dose of Inspiration

Monday, May 4, 2009

When life happens.....


After having my second daughter in November, I got a personal trainer, cut out the coffee and sugar and changed the way I ate. I made these changes because I was so tired all the time and moody. Yes, I did have an 8 week old at the time and a toddler too. I had two under the age of two and I wasn't enjoying it. I felt tired, sluggish and irritable. How can this be happening at such a wonderful time in my life? I needed to change. So I hit the gym, ate clean meals, drank water and it was getting better. My energy was up and I wasn't depressed.....


Now it's the present and I am back to feeling lazy, unmotivated and tired? My diet could be better and my exercise routine, don't ask. I can't believe this, here we go again.....


I decided enough is enough so I went to the market bought some fresh produce and flowers( always cheers me up) and I am heading my way to a healthy fit lifestyle. (crossing my fingers)


When life happens it can throw us off balance or rhythms. For me, I give up on everything. My once creative and enthused thoughts are shut down. I feel hopeless and overwhelmed. My consumption of water, healthy meals and green tea are now overriden by the occasional coffee, soda and fast food meal. It is so easy to go down this path. Our culture makes it attainable because it's everywhere. It's a mental game.


I may sound like I am being hard on myself but I have to in order to make healthy changes. I am writing this because I figured myself out. Amazing, such a simple concept and it's taken me years to fugure it out.




No comments: